Articles in refereed archival journals:
· A Numerical Algorithm for the Diffusion Equation Using 3D FEM and the Arnoldi Method (with Q. Su and V. Syrmos), Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing, Vol. 18, pp. 291-314, July 1999.
· Knowledge Discovery for Protein Tertiary Substructures, (with C. W. Chen), Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence series, Springer-Verlag, 2000.
· Intelligent Resource Management through the Constrained Resource Planning Engine, Future Directions for Intelligent Systems and Information Sciences , Chapter 18, N. Kasabov, ed., pp. 373-386, Springer-Verlag, 2000.
· Inverse Solutions for the diffusion equation, (with J. Yin and V. L. Syrmos), IEEE Trans. on Medical Imaging , June 2000.
· Solving a Family of Graph Matching Problems using the Constrained Resource Planning (CRP) Paradigm, Congressus Numerantium Vol. 142-147 , 2000.
· Discovering Process Models from Execution History by Graph Matching, (with C. W. Chen), Proc. Fourth International Conf. on Intelligent Data Engineering and Automated Learning (IDEAL2003), also in Lecture Notes in Computer Science , Springer Verlag.
Articles in refereed conference proceedings:
· Compression Techniques in Tele-radiology, (with T. Lu and Z. Xiong), Proc. Applications of Digital Imaging Processing XXII Conf. , 44 th SPIE Annual Meeting, Denver, July 1999.
· The Multi-grid ADI Algorithm in Solving Diffusion Equation, (with J. Ge), 44 th SPIE, Proc. Photonic Devices and Algorithms for Computing Conference , Denver, July 1999.
· The Photon Diffusion Equation: Forward and Inverse Problems, (with V. Syrmos, J. Yin, and P. Misra), 1999 Proc. of the joint IEEE International Symposium on Control Applications & IEEE International Symp. on Computer Aided Control System Design , Kona, HI, Aug'99.
· Knowledge Discovery for Protein Tertiary Substructures, (with C. W. Chen), Proc. 7th Symp. on Rough Sets, Fuzzy Sets, Data Mining, & Granular-Soft Computing , Japan, 11/99.
· Intelligent Resource Management through the Constrained Resource Planning Engine, Proc. International Workshop on Future Directions for Intelligent Systems and Information Sciences, Dunedin, New Zealand, Nov. 1999.
· Optimizing Triangular Mesh Generation from Range Images, (with T. Lu), Proc. SPIE Electronic Imaging , Conf. on 3D Image Capture and Applications III, Jan. 2000.
· A comparison study between the FEM and ADI techniques for the solution to the diffusion equation, (with S. Nie, J. Ge, and V.L. Syrmos), SPIE, Proc. International Symposium on Biomedical Optics , San Jose, CA, Jan., 2000.
· Visualization of Photon Propagation and Abnormality Detection, (with J. Ge and Z. Le), SPIE Photonics West, Proc. International Symposium on Biomedical Optics , Vol. 3917, Optical Biopsy III, pp. 204-21, Jan. 2000
· Simulation Comparisons of Diffusion Equation, (with J. Ge, S. Nie and V. L. Syrmos), Proc. Intrn'l Symp. on Biomedical Optics, Vol. 3917, pp. 212-218, San Jose, CA, Jan. 2000.
· Optimizing Triangular Mesh Generation from Range Images, (with T. Lu), Proc. SPIE, Volume 3958, Three-Dimensional Image Capture and Applications III, pp. 161-169 and IST 12th Annual International Symposium, Science & Technology, pp. 23-28.
· Piecewise Linear Image Compression Using Surface Triangulation and Geometric Compression (with T. Lu and Z. Le), IEEE Data Compression Conference (DCC'00) , Snowbird, UT, Mar. 2000.
· Progressive Registration of Range Images Based On Surface Triangulation, (with H. Ma and T. Lu), SPIE International Symposium on Optical Science and Technology, Conference on Applications of Digital Image Processing XXIII , San Diego, CA, July 2000.
· The Use of the Internet for Home Glucose Monitoring in a Lower Income Asian/Pacific Islander Community, (with J. W. Humphry), American Diabetes Association International Symposium on Computer and Diabetes Care, Sept. 2000. Rochester, MN.
· Inverse Solutions for the diffusion equation, (with J. Yin and V. L. Syrmos), IEEE Conf. on Control Applications and Symp. on Computer-Aided System Design , Anch., AL, Sept. 2000.
· System Identification using Nonlinear Filtering Methods with Applications to Medical Imaging, (with J. Yin and V. Syrmos), Proc. 39th IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control , Australia, Oct. 2000.
· 3D Image Reconstruction for Optical Time-Resolved Data, (with J. Wen and S. Nie), Proc. 15th International Congress on Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery , Berlin, June 27-30, 2001.
· Illumination-Invariant Image Indexing Using Directional Gradient Angular Histogram, (with H. Wei), Proce eding of the IASTED International Conference on Computer Graphics and Imaging , pp. 124-129, Honolulu, Hawaii, August 2001
· Multi-agent parallelization of 3D surface approximation with quality assurance and space efficiency, (with H. Wei, T. Lu), Proc. the IASTED International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing and Systems , pp. 130-135, Honolulu, Hawaii, Aug. 2001.
· Naturally Convergent and Optimal 3D Surface Mesh Generation, (with H. Wei), Proceedings of SPIE on Visualization and Data Analysis , Vol. 4665, pp. 22-31, San Jose, Jan. 2002
· Achieving Computational Intelligence by Resource Optimization, (Invited Paper) Proc. 2002 World Congress on Computational Intelligence, International Joint Conference on Neural Networks , Honolulu, May 2002.
· Joint Image Compression and Indexing Technique using Wavelet Transforms, (with H. Wei), Proc. Conf. On Vision Geometry XI , SPIE Vol., 4794, Seattle, July, 2002.
· Discovering Process Models from Execution History by Graph Matching, (with C. W. Chen), Proc. Fourth International Conf. on Intelligent Data Engineering and Automated Learning (IDEAL2003).